Your clinician will provide you with specific follow-up care instructions. Below are some general guidelines for what you can expect as you heal.
After your treatment, expect to be able to resume your normal daily activities. You will notice redness at the treatment site, which should resolve in a day or two. You can manage any discomfort that you have with wrapped ice packs or gel packs (do not apply ice directly to skin). You may bathe and shower as usual, but keep in mind that the treated area may be temperature sensitive.
Until redness has resolved, avoid the following:
- Sun exposure and tanning on the treated area. Apply an SPF 45 or greater sunscreen to prevent injury to the treatment area and to prevent changes in pigmentation.
- Applying cosmetics to the treated area.
- Swimming, especially in pools with chemicals such as chlorine.
- Hot tubs, Jacuzzis, and saunas.
- Activities that cause excess perspiration or any activity that may raise your core body temperature.
- Aggressive scrubbing and use of exfoliates on the treated area.