Osteopathic Massage at VS MedSpa
Osteopathy treats back pain and spinal problems resulting from poor posture or spinal disc issues, as well as low back pain, neck pain, jaw dysfunction, hip pain, athletic / sports recovery breathing discomfort decreased or poor circulation, muscle spasms, constipation, pelvic dysfunction (especially after childbirth), tension headaches and migraine. Everyone can benefit from the treatments of an osteopath!
Most insurance companies accept osteopathic treatments as part of their health benefits plan. Our patients have been able to claim their treatments for insurance reimbursement.
My Approach to Treatment as an Osteopathic-Massage Therapist
As I have mentioned, many massage therapists learn various techniques developed by osteopaths. However, simply because you have learned and use a technique does not make the treatment osteopathic, nor make it to be what I understand as osteopathic-massage. When I treat I am not picking and choosing which technique to use or in what order. I work from the perspective of using the principles and aims that both massage and osteopathy share. Precisely because I have spent so much time learning technique and theory, learning the purpose and principles of massage and osteopathy, I can now leave behind any recipe approach. I no longer treat a condition with a text-book approach, nor do I follow some prescribed steps of any single technique. With each and every client, and within each treatment session, over a series of treatments, I create manipulations and approaches as I proceed. My only objective is to listen and respond to the needs of the tissue, to the client as they are right now.
This, I believe, is treating osteopathically. This is what I call osteopathic massage therapy. Meet Vadzim
Osteopathic treatment price
|OSTEOPATHIC MASSAGE THERAPY||PRICE||BOOK ONLINE|
|1 Hour Initial Assessment & Osteopathic Treatment||$130||BOOK ONLINE|
|1 Hour Osteopathic Treatment||$100||BOOK ONLINE|
|45 Min Osteopathic Treatment||$85||BOOK ONLINE|
|30 Min Osteopathic Treatment||$65||BOOK ONLINE|
|1 Hour Go-to Home Mobile Osteopathic Therapy||$120||BOOK ONLINE|
What are some techniques used in an Manual Osteopathy treatment?
Manual osteopaths use a variety of manual therapy (hands-on) techniques including joint mobilizations, muscle energy techniques (contract-relax stretching), soft tissue therapy and visceral therapy to treat the body as a whole. Due to myofascial restrictions throughout the body, visceral mobilization is used to help free up movement in other adjacent areas of the body. After a manual therapy session, your osteopath will provide you with education on how to change and improve external factors in your life, as well as teach you specific exercises and movements to help compliment your treatment.
What to do and expect after treatment?
- Be sure to drink plenty of water over the next 24 hours (approx. 2L or 8 x 8oz glasses.).
- You want to flush out and rehydrate areas that were once restricted.
- Be easy on yourself for 24 hours. This means no physical, strenuous activity.
- Your body needs time to adjust to the new structural positioning.
- You may experience new symptoms, that are possibly old symptoms arising as the next layers are revealed.
- These new symptoms are not to be alarmed at, take notice of them, and realize that the treatment is having an effect.
- You may also experience fatigue and/or flu-like symptoms ie. nausea, again these are symptoms associated with the body realigning
- The affects of the osteopathic massage treatment can be felt immediately and up to a couple of days after the treatment.
- Be aware of these changes for the next treatment.
Book your osteopathic treatment
- CLIENT TESTIMONIAL
Very attentive to your needs. Very gentle with on hands practices. Explains in simple terms the different treatments procedures. Treatment works. Would recommend to all. Great person.